At the University of Arkansas, the Division of Student Affairs hopes to give each candidate applying for a graduate assistantship the opportunity to continue to develop their interview skills.
The Graduate Assistant Application process is designed to replicate a job interview for entry to mid-level jobs within the Higher Education profession. Video interviews allow candidates to show their passion, personality, and insight while allowing recruitment teams to determine the best fit at the onset of the interviewing process.
Our next Graduate Assistant Interview day will be held in the spring of 2018.
Qualifications & Skills
Applicants for a Division of Student Affairs graduate assistantship should either be admitted to the graduate school or a current student at the University of Arkansas with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Applicants should also have the following skills:
- Manage multiple projects at once and work on a deadline
- Possess exceptional written communication skills and the ability to tailor the tone of messages to the targeted student population
- Proficiency in several social media outlets
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently
Priority will be given to candidates with a knowledge of higher education issues, previous exposure to Student Affairs, and commitment to the Higher Education and Student Affairs fields.
Preferred graduate academic programs are as follows:
- M.Ed. or Ed.D., Higher Education (HIED)
- Ed.S., Education (EDUC)
- M.S.W., Social Work (SCWK)
- M.S., Counseling (CNSL)
- M.Ed., Adult Education (ADED)
- M.A., Communication (COMM)
Graduate Assistant Rolling Application
1. Complete the Graduate Assistant Rolling Application. The application will be completed using HogSync. A University of Arkansas username and password must be used to login.
2. Complete the video portion of the application using uark.optimalresume.com.
- Click the "Login" button in the upper right-hand corner
- Create a new account using your @uark email address, found in your acceptance letter
- Click "Create New Interview"
- Name your interview "Student First and Last name –GA Application" (Example: Jane Doe- GA Application)
- In the "Select Interview Type" box choose "University of Arkansas Graduate Assistant Application Interview." Make sure the format stays on video.
- At the bottom of the screen choose “Continue Interview." You will be able to record yourself as many times as you would like.
3. After answering all questions posed, click the “Share” icon at the top of the page.
4. Paste this link into the Graduate Assistant Rolling Application in HogSync.
5. Complete the remaining portions of the Graduate Assistant Rolling Application by submitting a resume, cover letter, contact information for one reference, and the video link.
GA Positions Application
Applications will open Friday, December 1, 2017.
For questions or more information contact RazorbackGA@uark.edu.